Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Zegarki z automatycznym chrono Mewki ST1940
Autor Wiadomość
ALAMO 
Pijak i Złodziej

#16  Wysłany: 2016-05-10, 19:29   

To że kolega Veil nie ogarnia tego było wiadomo jak tylko je kupiliśmy - przypomnijcie sobie.
Przecież żaden nie był wyregulowany facepalm
A komunikacja jak usłyszał że ma formalnie przyjąć reklamację albo nam oddać koszty celne ? :-)
Się skończyła. :złośliwiec:
A komunikacja jak mu powiedziałem żeby po prostu wysłał tarcze na zamianę tych z wadami a my je sobie sami wymienimy - nie została nawet podjęta :)
Gość zegarki wymieniał jak mu jeszcze starczyło tych z kartonu - po czym zaczął fikać kasę.
I to mu się nie spodobało, bo zaczął latać "po internetach" obnosząc krzywdę.
Ten mail ostatnio który wysłał klientom, to po prostu :shock:
A jedyna "krzywda" był i jest taka - że gość nie ma żadnego zaplecza technicznego. I nigdy nie miał.

tomaczo 
Ryżowy

#17  Wysłany: 2016-05-11, 21:12   

Poka co wysłał? :shock:

ALAMO 
Pijak i Złodziej

#18  Wysłany: 2016-05-11, 21:36   

A prosze cię bardzo :popcorn:

Mogę podkreślić gdzie pietroli totalne kocopoły jak chcecie, ale myslę że nie będziecie z tym mieć sami problemu ;-)

You are receiving this message because you purchased a Riccardo from Lew & Huey. If you no longer own it, you can delete this message now, or you can forward it to whoever has your Riccardo, if you have their email.

Recently I was contacted by a few customers with out-of-warranty Riccardos needing an expensive overhaul (a ~$300 job), prompting me to update all Riccardo owners with the current state of our ability to repair these watches.

You may be aware that we had a high defect rate in the Sea-Gull ST1940 movements used in the Riccardo. As best as I can calculate, out of only 250 pieces produced, we managed about 120, possibly as many as 130 returns (some of those were watches returned more than once). In the vast majority of cases, we paid for our customers’ return shipping costs, which, when added to the cost of returning those watches to China for repair, created a large expense, and took up a lot of my time.

The factory which produced the Riccardo only warrantied them for one year, but that was from the date of delivery to me, which was in November 2013. That warranty obviously lapsed more than a year ago. Since then we’ve been making in-warranty repairs at our own expense.

When the warranty I had with the factory ran out, I made arrangements with a local watchmaker to service and repair customers’ Riccardos. Unfortunately, that watchmaker is now closing his shop, and has told me he is not interested in continuing with Riccardo repairs. While I do work with another watchmaker, I already know repairing Riccardos will be a non-starter for him.

From my past conversations with the factory that made the Riccardo, I’ve been made to understand that Sea-Gull was largely uncooperative regarding defective movements. I was further made to understand that my factory had exhausted their ability to get more ST19’s from Sea-Gull. Furthermore, I am not certain, but from looking at the Sea-Gull website now, it appears that they are no longer producing the automatic variant, the ST1940, or at least, it isn’t on the site, and so I assume it is no longer available for sale.

As such, I’m not sure if anyone can source replacement movements now. Those who sell them no doubt have a dwindling supply, and that supply could be as prone to defects as our own supply turned out to be during and after production.

The short version of this is that I can’t get more movements, and I don’t have anyone who can fix the Riccardos I’ve sold. As someone who cares about his reputation, this doesn’t sit well with me. While I’m sure many watch enthusiasts might understand the inherent risks in spending ~$500 on an automatic chronograph with a Chinese movement based on a 60-year old design, I don’t think it’s fair for me to simply say, ‘warranty’s expired, sorry, better luck next time.’

So here’s what I’m proposing for anyone in a similar situation, wherein your Riccardo needs a repair, which we can no longer provide.

If your Riccardo doesn’t work:

Take it to a local watchmaker. If the watchmaker tells you it can be fixed, if he had the right parts, ask him to give you a list of parts, and if we have them available (if we can salvage them from some non-working Riccardos I have), we’ll send you the parts at no charge (we'll cover shipping costs up to $25). Email the parts list and your shipping address to customersupport@janistrading.com.

If he says it needs a complete overhaul, or if we don’t have the parts it needs, here are your options:

Find a replacement movement for it. I’d recommend buying a used chronograph with the hand-wind-only ST1901, and dropping the movement in. From what I’ve seen, this is a ~$200 solution, give or take. I’m recommending the ST1901 because I think it may be more reliable (and definitely more plentiful) than the ST1940. I’m recommending you buy used, rather than a new movement, because I think the risk of getting a defective unit is lower when you’re buying used (assuming a reputable seller). You will need to replace the small chronograph hands, but I have extras, which I can also send you, no charge for the hands (and we'll cover up to $25 for shipping).

Send it back to me, and I will give you a $200 store credit for our website. This offer applies ONLY to non-working Riccardos, and expires on March 6th, 2016, which is two years to the day after I delivered the last new/unworn Riccardo to a customer. You can contact me to make arrangements for the return by emailing customersupport@janistrading.com.

I regret that I don’t have the watchmaking capability or resources in-house to do more for customers. After the Riccardo, all of our watches have been sold with a two-year warranty, which seems to be the ‘industry standard’, and seems fair. At some point, a business has to be able to move on, and not be liable for a product’s functioning forever. This is what I can do to bring the Riccardo up to parity with the rest of the watches we’ve made, and I hope it shows my commitment to stand behind everything I sell.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Cheers,
Chris Vail
Janis Trading Company
Ostatnio zmieniony przez ALAMO 2016-05-11, 21:38, w całości zmieniany 1 raz  

jerry 
Ryżowy

Pies czy kot?: pies
 #19  Wysłany: 2016-05-12, 16:20   

ALAMO napisał/a:
jerry, ten model był na Allegro jakiś miesiąc temu, próbowali go sprzedać za w sumie śmieszną kasę. 600 zł czy jakoś tak. Tylko to jakieś ekspo było.
Poszukaj.

Ale mówisz tu o piesku cz o Ingersollu?

prezesso 
Klon Kierownika Pola Ryżowego
street's disciple

#20  Wysłany: 2016-05-12, 16:38   

ALAMO, wiesz... ten mail niby żałosny, ale gdybym był na jego miejscu zrobiłbym pewnie tak samo.
Jak nie ma zaplecza to się sparzył i nauczył - pewnie prędko nie zobaczymy od niego taniego chrono mechanicznego.
Z drugiej strony nagimnastykował się, żeby wymyślić to rozwiązanie. Jakieś ono jest... No i z myślą o klientach.
W sumie tak jak napisał - mógł napisać: out of warranty, better luck next time.
Nie mamy pańskiego płaszcza itd.
Coś tam próbował się wysilić jednak.

I napisał o tym prosto z mostu.

ALAMO 
Pijak i Złodziej

#21  Wysłany: 2016-05-12, 16:54   

O tak, ma on rękę do "pisania rzeczy prosto z mostu". W większości nieprawdziwych :D

jerry 
Ryżowy

#22  Wysłany: 2016-05-13, 10:06   

ALAMO napisał/a:
jerry, ten model był na Allegro jakiś miesiąc temu, próbowali go sprzedać za w sumie śmieszną kasę. 600 zł czy jakoś tak. Tylko to jakieś ekspo było.
Poszukaj.

ALAMO ale masz na myśli pieska czy Ingersolla?

prezesso 
Klon Kierownika Pola Ryżowego
street's disciple

#23  Wysłany: 2016-05-13, 14:14   

ALAMO napisał/a:
O tak, ma on rękę do "pisania rzeczy prosto z mostu". W większości nieprawdziwych :D

Cytat:
I can’t get more movements, and I don’t have anyone who can fix the Riccardos I’ve sold

Cytat:
I regret that I don’t have the watchmaking capability or resources in-house to do more for customers.

No chyba napisał jednak.
Nie bronię go... ale też bym tego tak jednostronnie nie oceniał.

ALAMO 
Pijak i Złodziej

#24  Wysłany: 2016-05-13, 15:27   

Pamiętaj Pietka że ja z tym facetem miałem do czynienia zanim jeszcze ktokolwiek o marce słyszał ;-) Więc mi nikt nie wmówi że czarne jest czarne ;-)

carpetmonster 
Ryżowy

#25  Wysłany: 2016-05-18, 15:42   

Nie wiem jak było wcześniej i jak sobie gadaliście, ale na watchuseek gościu tak pluł jadem że choć miałem w planach othosa to dałem spokój. Bo nie lubię wspierać zwykłych dupków.
Ostatnio zmieniony przez carpetmonster 2016-05-19, 22:14, w całości zmieniany 2 razy  

ALAMO 
Pijak i Złodziej

#26  Wysłany: 2016-05-18, 16:05   

Ta?
A co on tam pluł ?
Bo że o nas kocopoły rozpowiadał to pamiętam, bo to nawet było śmeiszne dość :D

carpetmonster 
Ryżowy

#27  Wysłany: 2016-05-19, 22:15   

Podejrzewam że właśnie to o czym sam wiesz. Plus było trochę narzekań ludzi których brzydko potraktował sprzedając szajs.

ALAMO 
Pijak i Złodziej

#28  Wysłany: 2016-05-20, 08:29   

Pewnie tak hmmm

Tak tylko dla, że tak powiem, kropki nad "i" - Seagull mi dzisiaj zwyczajnie zakwotował ST1940, i potwierdził że mechanizm jest w produkcji i dostępny na bieżąco.

To by było na tyle w kwestii elaboratu wysłanego klientom hmmm

Rudolf 

#29  Wysłany: 2016-05-20, 10:12   

.. czyli nie ma a jedna są albo będą .

jerry 
Ryżowy

#30  Wysłany: 2016-05-20, 15:46   

ALAMO napisał/a:
Pewnie tak hmmm

Tak tylko dla, że tak powiem, kropki nad "i" - Seagull mi dzisiaj zwyczajnie zakwotował ST1940, i potwierdził że mechanizm jest w produkcji i dostępny na bieżąco.

To by było na tyle w kwestii elaboratu wysłanego klientom hmmm

To w sumie ciekawe, dlaczego tak mało propozycji na rynku jest z tym mechanizmem hmmm

Poza jednym modelem w dwóch odsłonach Ingersolla i jednej prywatnej produkcji składankowej (piesek) nie ma opcji? Czy to jest wina moich założeń (rozmiar i budżet)?
No jeszcze jedna malutka Alfa jest....
Coś jeszcze?

Odpowiedz do tematu